Sunday 24 August 2014

DAY OF JOB INTERVIEW #PART 1

Bismillahirrohmanirrohim


After a week I have went for an interview, baru sekarang I terasa nak update. Actually, this idea was flew on the day itself. Tapi, biasalah. Orang yang jobless ni sometime lagi busy dari orang bercareer. U know what I mean, right?

First of all, aku nak cakap berjuta-juta thanks to my wataniah+university+kuliyyah+mahallah mates for allowing me to stay overnight at her rooms in Damansara. Pastu masakkan cekodok dan buat roti untuk aku. Thanks cik paten. Aku rasa at first, bersyukur sebab aku dipermudahkan. So nanti takdelah aku nak rushing dari Gombak to come to Damansara for an interview.

I was the second applicants. Appointment was made at 9.30 am but aku dah sampai opis 8.30 am. Aku lepak in the car until 9.15 am. My very first mistake was aku tak tekan ketuk pintu opis. Instead, aku terus buka pintu. Saja aku nak try whether the door is locked or not. Tup tup, aku tarik je pintu, nampak staf kat dalam and sebab nak cover malu, I just went inside. This was a huge mistake for me. Cuba kau orang imagine, if u go to someone's house, mestilah kau ketuk pintukan? Manede main terjah.

Second, aku pun disuruh stay in a meeting room sebab 1st applicant tak setel lagi. Then, I was given 2 sets of booklet. 1 is about me myself, macam biodata and resume la lebih kurang. 2nd one was shocking me a lot. I never expected I would gone through this question.

Meh cni aku list out apa kandungan booklet 2 tu:

1)GRAMMAR
Ini yang aku macam dah give up. Altough I am graduate from IIUM, but tak semestinya my english is awesome. Especially part grammar. Pasal present-pasr-past participle. Pastu betulkan ayat and so on.And the moments the interviewer (refer to 'he') look at my answer, he asked me. "How is your english?" I said, good. "In a range of 1-10, how you value the good it is?" I said, maybe 7 or 8. "But, by looking at your answer, your english seems ....."

And he said again, generally IIUM students were fluent in English. I mean generally. At this part, aku rasa nak terjun keluar tingkap je.

2)ACCOUNT
The questions are quite challenging. Which I learnt during 2nd/3rd year. Pendek kata, sebelum internship period. This is damn truth, students are learn for the sake of results. Just like me. Soalannya pasal debit and credit dah ok. But then, the situation it is. Macam soalan AGA dah aku rasa. Cth: Ahmad beli laptop RM1000 masa 2009. pastu laptop dia hilang/disposed. So, buat double entry.

3)LAW
Kau ingat budak accounting tak blaja law. Boleh pulak soalan sape yang lantik auditor? Yes yang ni aku taw. Pastu ada lagi 2 soalan. And aku tak leh nak recall.

4)ECONOMY
Perghhh...Ini aku paling tensen. Sebab aku belajar time first year ok. What is GDP/GNP/NNP? Aku memang tulis nama penuh bagi abbreviation tu je lah. Mana aku nak hafal. Then, ada lak soalan pasal opportunity cost and this is easy for me. Ada jugak tanya pasal prime cost and satu lagi tak ingat. And kena buat equation lagi.

Masa mula2 masuk bilik for interview, aku dah bagitahu awal2, sorry I didnt manage to answer all question. He said,"u have plenty of time to answer, and if you were in the examination hall,what would happen?" Nak je aku cakap, I am deadly sure I will get zero.

That for written question paper. Not yet the reality where I have to have conversation with him. Dah la aku tak study pape about written question, pastu nak bercakap with him aku jadi down kejap.

The most amazing questions, "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO ASK YOU? and IF WE HIRE YOU, WHAT CAN YOU GIVE TO US BACK?" Oh damn, aku dah tengok dalam internet ada soalan interview camni. But, I just giving him a smile. First part of interview, aku banyak senyum2 je. Then bila aku gelabah, banyak kali aku cakap, how should I answer this yeah? Oh seriusly, aku down for a few days. Takde mood and rasa bodohnya aku.

One thing about him, memang dia bos yang baik. Because during interview, dia takde cakap even one word yang boleh menyakitkan hati. I mean, he didnt look down on people. I knew this is all my faults,not even prepared to come for an interview.

One thing for sure, I know I would not have the chance. Because he did mentioned, "actually I already have sufficient manpower in this department. I did this (interview) just for CSR. If you success, we will give you a call on Monday. And tomorrow is the day. Samada aku dapat atau tak.

This is my first interview. I know kadang2 pengalaman pertama itu pahit and I should learn from it. I just pray that may Allah ease my next interview session.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...